hey yall, i saw this thing on the learning channel called "bringing home baby" and the mom used formula even though she wanted to breastfeed, because they gave the baby formula at the hospital and then he wouldnt nurse. it really upset me, because i know i wouldnt have been able to breastfeed if i didnt learn a lot first. i couldnt get her to latch on correctly, and ive had 4 breast infections, etc. they didnt know crap at the hospital. even the lactation lady didnt help me and im glad to have figured it out myself because its sooo worth everything.
so i thought it would be rad to make a thread about what we love about nursing. to celebrate it, and to encourage other mamas to learn a lot, and seek support if they need it!
- i love when she smiles with the nipple in her mouth.
- its free. even when im low on food, she isnt.
- nursing lets me sit down (or lay down) and relax. i used to read, eat, or whatever while nursing, but lately she gets distracted and latches off to try and take whatever i have out of my hands! its hella cute.
- i love how she likes to touch my face while she nurses. her little hand will just be up in the air until she finds my face.
- the drunken sailor look...
- how it puts her to sleep!
- i love how friggen cute she is when she drinks her milk.
- i like how it puts me more in tune with her elimination patterns. we practice elimination communication and i KNOW she'll pee twice after nursing. i also know easier if she has to go while nursing because she always squirms and latches on and off.
- it makes co-sleeping really fun. its adorable to wake up to her trying to latch on.
- i love how it comforts her when shes sad or hurt.
okay phew, i'll stop there.
have at it!